For the purposes of this Statement, “personal information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. “Non-identifiable information” means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with any certainty.
- How and when Geranium collects personal information: Geranium collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents both online and offline. The personal information includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information).
- Use of personal information by Geranium: Geranium uses personal information that it collects for the following:
- To communicate with individuals.
- To understand individual needs.
- To promote and offer products, services and special offers that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided and approved by Geranium.
- To provide individuals with products or services that are requested or that is part of Geranium’s ongoing service with it’s customers.
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with Geranium customers. The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. Geranium may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
- Disclosure of personal information by Geranium: Geranium does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. Geranium will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When Geranium has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
- When Geranium, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- To affiliated and associated companies within the Geranium group of companies and only for the purposes described in paragraph 2 above. These affiliated and associated companies and their respective employees are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described in paragraph 2 above.
- To its agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other Third Parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service customers. These Third Parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described in paragraph 2 above. In the event of the sale of Geranium, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
- Retention of personal information by Geranium: At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
- Collection, use and disclosure of non-identifiable information:
- Geranium Homes collects and uses Non-Identifiable Information to assess the effectiveness of web site content and traffic. This allows Geranium to improve the quality of visits to web sites managed by it by streamlining visitors’ ability to navigate these sites and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
- Geranium also uses aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of visits to its web sites, the demographic characteristics of these visitors and the number of times visitors have viewed and “clicked” on their advertisement(s). Geranium also discloses to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding visitors who “clicked” on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable information may be used to describe Geranium’s services and products to third parties such as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
- Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
- Service Providers: Geranium employs third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services, to provide the services on our behalf, to perform any related services or to assist us in analyzing the use of our website.
These third parties have access to your Personal and Non-identifiable information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Mail Campaign: Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform and an email marketing service operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC. The Personal Information collected from the site will be transferred in Mailchimp for mail campaign processing.
You can opt-out from receiving this service by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link included in every email campaign processed for Geranium. However, in doing so, you’ll no longer receive updates from Geranium.
For more information on the privacy practices of Mailchimp, please visit the Mailchimp Privacy & Terms web page: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. This script is necessary and required by the site to analyze our traffic.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=eney
Facebook Pixel is a code that is placed on the website to help Geranium track conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads based on collected data, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket to qualified leads—people who have already taken some kind of action on the website. This script is necessary and required by the site to track our FB ads conversions.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit the Facebook Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Web sites operated by third parties: Web sites operated by Geranium may contain links to other web sites that may collect personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and Geranium does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision whether or not to visit such web sites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
- Safeguarding personal information: Geranium has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of Geranium. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. Geranium does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. Geranium employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by Geranium other than in accordance with this Statement.
- Accessing personal information: Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by Geranium. Geranium believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help Geranium keep personal information as current as possible, Geranium encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by Geranium as often as necessary. To access, verify and correct or amend personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to File a Complaint: To file a complaint with Geranium concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. All complaints will be investigated by Geranium as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
- Individuals always have the choice whether or not they wish to supply Geranium with personal information or to receive certain information and promotional materials. Individuals wishing to “opt-out” of receiving certain informational and promotional materials from Geranium or who otherwise object to the collection, use and disclosure policies as provided under this Privacy Statement, are asked to contact the Privacy Officer at Geranium by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opt-out opportunities are also provided in other circumstances such as in certain promotional mailings. Individuals are reminded that the decision to withhold personal information or to object to the use and/or disclosure of personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement or in any agreement between such individuals and Geranium, may, in certain instances, limit their ability to complete purchases of Geranium’s products and services and limit their ability to access or take advantage of certain promotions and features. Your personal information is obtained and used only with your consent that may be expressed or implied depending on the circumstance.
- Effective date of Statement: This Statement has been adopted by Geranium as of February 23, 2017 Revisions to the Statement will be posted on www.geranium.com as soon as practical.